Image via Wikipedia
We now have to contend with Mobile Phone marketing. It was bad enough when our email in boxes were filled with junk mail but they are now going to send it to our Mobile Phones.
This is a definite user beware situation. Before you give anyone your mobile number check the fine print.
You just might get a rude shock.
Check to see how much it is going to cost you to get the mail, to open the mail or to cancel the mail. Some places charge for all those services.
This is an advertising avenue I will never go down. I believe if you truly are interested in something you will go online and look for it, you do not need to wake up in the morning and find you have 500 messages in your inbox.
I have a real problem with the legal, ethical and moral aspects of this sort of Advertising.
Children are also the users of mobile phones and they may be subjected to unfavourable content and this should be guarded against.
Yes, I know there are a lot of good marketers out there but for every good marketer there are any number of bad ones.
Just be very, very, careful on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment